Not a bad Monday!


Today was our turn to host our moms group, and because Stella chose to sleep in this morning I had time to make scones (which turned out good!) and Jeff had made 2 leek and veg sausage quiches last night so we had YUMMY snacks all ready, and i had cleaned the house and I was all ready... and then no one came. Well a few people came late. But I was seriously getting pissed and a little sad. Whatever.
A friend brought up the "how's it gonna work?" of wading pools. Thinking ahead to summer... can't believe it will be here soon. What a different life from last summer! Sophia was so new at so many things, there were many falls. I was still not good at slathering on the sun screen... and I still felt overwhelmed by the heat even though we had our new windows that actually open to let in a breeze.
This year it will be the second hot-baby-attached-to-me summer, but Stella will have a head start, being a few months older. We will have better neck control, we will be on-the-go. We will eat watermelon in the wading pool.

1 Comments:
i want to eat watermelon in the wading pool.
Post a Comment
<< Home