nap rewording
ok - so I seem to be presenting as "freaked out" ... not so. just confused.
Sophia sleeps great and 85% of the time naps great, but we certainly did do a lot of crying it out with her. I was hoping to avoid that with Stella by getting her used to naps earlier, but since you can't MAKE a child sleep then I can't make her nap so there it is.
I am understanding more that I produce children who are not big on naps. I get it. I am not big on naps either. Oh well.

2 Comments:
a gal i know here has a 3 year old toddler that no longer takes a nap so that she can sleep through the night (throws weissbluth's "theory" out the window in her case). but then her 1 year old takes one 2-3 hour nap and sleeps through the night. like the "average" (as in this is what the majority of kids do) child, tyler took one nap as a toddler and emma takes 2 1-1.5 hour naps. anyway, each child is truly different...even if there are "norms" that exist for sleeping and development, each one has their own thing they respond to best. we just have to figure out what it is. i think this post is supposed to encourage you...maybe not...but hope so :)
I don't read the books anymore, I give up, Nico is not in the norm at all, he barely takes one nap.
Post a Comment
<< Home