Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Friday, April 06, 2007

nap theory

okay... I think we need a website for moms that deals with kids' sleep because this is such a HUGE issue, and yes, all kids are different. I got really depressed reading about sleep and how to make your kid sleep because I felt like I was being scolded everytime I read it.
Lucy - you mentioned that Nico barely takes one nap. That was me with Sophia and I was made to feel that I was robbing my child of sleep and that her life was not as much of a life as it could be because of this.
Sophia has slept through the night for a long time now. I didn't even realize that toddlers sometimes don't sleep through the night because she has been so great, so I know that something is going ok with us and sleep.

I am starting to think that the revision needs to happen like this: "Moms - are your kids sleeping enough to meet YOUR needs???" because, as we certainly know - when moms can't take it anymore, they figure out how to make it happen.

Sophia won't nap if she goes down for one but poos before falling asleep (as is the case today) and after an hour of not sleeping, when I was nursing a dozing Stella, and dozing myself, I finally went in there to be the nap nazi. After the diaper change she thought it was not naptime anymore (ummm, sorry!) and the compromise was napping in the crib. I know Jeff doesn't agree with this, but I am not about to chase her butt back into that bed for a nap for the next hour and a half before relenting because LOOK IT'S DINNER TIME!

Anyway, Stella is now awake and wanting me so off I go...
love to all moms

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Mink said...

Maia your awesome, we should write a book called "its about us not the baby sleep advice" or something like that. I think I just got lucky with G napping so well, and I think Nico just has more energy as a baby than she did and he doesn't want to waste time sleeping. Also Nico's naps get wrecked by that dam poo all the time.

we love the bibs, Gi already took over the fire one due to her thinking shes a fireman at times.

and Nicos going to wear his cute shirt for Easter,Skulls are good for Easter, right? I'll take a picture.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Prasti said...

oh...i agree with you ladies about the poop during (or before) a nap thing. sometimes i wonder if emma does it on purpose. kids are funny...emma's cousin who is only 2 mos. younger than her, has slept through the night since about 5 mos. old (emma didn't do that until 8 mos.) and takes 3 naps which vary in length (sometimes 30 min. sometimes 1 hr. sometimes 2 hrs.!). he's not really on any specific nap schedule, but emma is just the opposite. i think it's almost a compromise of being nap nazi and going with the flow...*sigh* no one said this in the parent manual...wait...there isn't one. thinking of you on easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home