achoo to the power of ten
Sneezes all day long. Our only outing was to Old Navy - woo hoo! Short nap (sigh) but she did fairly well for the rest of the day considering.
We played on the deck since it was dry and not too cold, and Sophia loves watching and hearing our neighbor Chris working on his house. She learned the signs for hammer and saw in music class and she loves reporting on hearing those things. There are plenty of projects happening in our neighborhood to keep her happy on that front, never mind the ones in our own house.
Speaking of signs - she is getting better and better at using her signs to communicate. I am a little bit of a nag about this: when she gets upset I tell her over and over that she needs to tell me what she wants, with her words or with her hands. I do think it helps distract her from being upset, and she realizes that she can express what she wants. Though it doesn't always mean she gets what she wants!
Jeff played guitar tonight and Sophia rocked out to it. I tried to teach her the sign for guitar (i don't know what the official one is) - the universal air guitar. I don't think she likes two-handed signs that require the hands to do very different things. I have been trying to teach her to sgih 'help' but she always signs 'hammer' when I show her how to do it. Someday....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home