in motion
Cell phone shot from playspace this morning. here she is riding the rocking toy she likes best. I think this one is neat because it can be both for one or two kids. I am hoping that santa brings one to Sophia.we had a good time and she was very tired when we left and all through lunch, but she is now (yet again) in full protest of her nap. The yard waste garbage truck just drove down the street and renewed the screaming, and since I am having a new wave of guilt over her fall-asleep method I went in there to comfort/quiet her. She was standing up gesturing wildly toward the window - I think she wanted to see the truck. I tried to get her to lie down while I whisper-read a book to her but my presence just invigorated her and she started running from end to end of the crib trying to figure out how to work the latches on the crib-side. I explained to her that I had to leave, and I left, and I'll just add this nap-time to the MOUND of lifetime guilt I carry with me in my heart.
(this is a visual of maia's guilt)

1 Comments:
boo-hoo...i know how you feel. there are times when i am overtaken with guilt and self-doubt, wondering if letting emma cry for almost an hour is the right thing to do. some days, when she gets into a crying spell in protest of her nap (not too often anymore thank goodness), i cave after 30 min. and go in. i feel bad and frustrated for her. it's so hard to listen to the cries...but don't feel guilty. just keep telling yourself she needs her beauty sleep :), and she'll be a much happier child if she can get some shut eye (always sounds easier than done, doesn't it?).~prasti~
Post a Comment
<< Home