Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Friday, July 18, 2008

a happy beach day

On Wednesday we went to Golden Gardens beach/park. It was an informal preschool playdate but we never saw anyone else down there, and that was just fine, because it was a mellow beautiful morning and we had a good time.

First the girls just enjoyed the sand and sun... I fetched buckets of water and Sophia made a sand soup (with Stella's help).










































































and then I showed the girls how all the bits of burned wood from previous beach bon fires could be used to draw with...






I think it is funny that I can rarely catch the girls smiling with my cell phone camera... but we were really having a good time. After this we all shared an ice cream sandwich.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Mink said...

hey Maia, your happy Beach day reminds me of when I was a nanny and i would take the girls I watched over to the empty more beautiful beaches on the other side of marthas vineyard. i would bring watercolors and pastels, it was cool.
We should get a phone call in soon.

I miss you

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Prasti said...

oh...jealous! looks like your girls like to play in the sand. maybe someday emma will enjoy the sand as much as your girls do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home