Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

no pain no gain, right?





photos from a truly awful playdate. Awhile back I was feeling pretty depressed about the lack of friends, the lack of moms to talk about kid things with etc and I asked someone for some help and I was told to deal with it myself, so I joined a Meetup group for Seattle Moms and then I never had time to go to their meetups and then I didn't feel so depressed anymore (hanging out a little bit with a great mom from our preschool)... anyway, I decided I had better go to a meetup through the group and there was one that fit our schedule and it was at Richmond Beach, which is a bit far from our house, but it is a nice beach, so we went. It was just us and one mom with a feeling poorly 2 year old - there was no mom-connection and there was no kid-connection despite the attempts from Sophia to engage the little girl. Oh well. It was a beautiful day and a nice beach and now we won't have to go back there until the kids are older.

I think I will try to have a meetup at our house and see what happens.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger JellyMama said...

Thank goodness it's not just me! (I really thought it was) I haven't clicked with the CT moms at all, no matter how many mom's groups or kid classes I attend! It's really depressing not finding like minded moms. Gibson starts preschool in the fall so hopefully she will find a playmate there.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Kiri said...

Argh. Well, I think it's important to not waste too much time trying to connect with people who you just don't connect with... but then you have to put energy into finding new venues to meet other potentially connect-able people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home