thankful for:
bedtime. Today Jeff was not just at work but had to go down to Portland for a day of work training tomorrow, so I was single mom all day today. Really it's not too much time more than a typical long day (when Jeff might not get home until right before Sophia's bedtime), but MAN am I worn out. Since I am trying to get Sophia and I onto more of a regular schedule and trying to get her back to good dinner eating, she didn't have anything after her 3pm snack and then she was frantic as I was starting to get dinner ready. I opened the fridge and she saw the loaf of wheat bread, her new favorite food, and she LOST IT when I wouldn't give her any. My thought was that bread was not on the dinner menu (she had already had some in the morning) and that she needed to eat what was on the menu (this is something that Jeff and I agreed on). Tantrum in every way except the throwing herself on the floor. I called Jeff to share it with him. (I have to say that I am far more immune to tantrums than I am to whining). He suggested I give her some, so I did (because I felt so bad that she was hungry and it was wheat bread at least) which then turned into a little more and a little more until finally the sweet potatoes were done and thank goodness she wanted those. Bedtime was a little less crying than it has been these last 2 weeks. It started to rain right as I was having her put away books and it was a good distraction (from giving up those last 2 books clutched in her grip) and a good soothing noise.
music class this morning was great - Sophia was much more participatory than she has been and we had a fun fun time.
ice cream
love

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home