Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

sad sad sad maia

I worked my last shift at the Tin Hat last night and today I am overcome by sadness - I can't seem to stop crying and I finally realized it is because I feel like I could drop off the face of the earth and no one would even notice.
It's hard to realize this late in life that you ARE just like your parents, in my case not so good at getting out there and making new friends. For all my attempts at making mom-friends I think I have really failed, either not trying hard enough or being too much myself - a little too quirky and a little too insecure in my own quirkiness.
I just wish I could stop crying and make up my mind to do one of the MANY things I think about doing instead of waffling and doing none of them.
I think I need a lobotomy - and maybe they could take care of the burgeoning cellulite on my butt at the same time.

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mink said...

Maia, its as if you read my thoughts, I am in the same boat, I have all thes sort of mom friends here, but no one I'm truly bonded with and get together with. I do have a nice group for moms night out gatherings, but I really wish i could meet someone here just like you. I to feel like sometimes to quirky, slightly insecure or just plain different. Now and then i'll meet someone I think I could be better friends with but I'm not aggressive enough to get a phone number. Then theres the friends that I do have but our schedules don't match up at all or they work, you know. Ohhhh how I wish Seattle was next to Hoboken.

Hey I'm making bibs for my super drooling Nico, got any sewing tips, I made on last night but it took me an hour and its sloppy. Steve liked it though.

oh yeah and about the shoe fetish its going to get worse, Gianna is obsessesd with boots, luckily I keep finding second hand ones for her that are cheap.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Prasti said...

It's okay Maia, I don't have any mom friends either...we can be lonely toghether :). Maybe when we return to Seattle, we can be mom friends with each other.
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home