Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the pictures never taken

So today we had nap failure EXTRAODINAIRE!! Sophia slept after Kindermusik, in the car, for about 20 minutes. I tried to transition her to the crib and she woke up happy as a clam, so there was no point in my leaving her in the crib to scream, that would have been torture for both of us. So we played and went outside in a break from the rain and we paged through magazines as she got more worn out, but then we went to the mall with Jeff (weird enough on its own) and I thought she would fall asleep on the way but she didn't. HINDSIGHT = we should have driven around until she DID fall asleep.
At the mall we looked at dishwashers and then had her play in the crazy play area and then went clear to the other side of the mall to find some winter clothes for her (somehow we made it past the teddy bear factory twice without her noticing). She did fall asleep on the way home but not for very long and she had QUITE the meltdown after that. Waves of screaming and crying. Just overtired and unhappy. After the surrealness of the mall I felt like we had been awake for days and we had just travelled to a foreign country where we didn't speak the language.
We made a huge smorgasbord dinner for her and she only ate fries and drank milk. Then I dropped her because she reached just too far off my lap and I was trying to reach something for her on the table. I dropped her - flat as a pancake onto the kitchen floor. That screaming actually was less than all the rest - it wasn't a painful drop - just scary. But still, I dropped her. Can't tell you how crappy I feel. And I know she won't remember it and it won't matter, but still. Sophia, I hope you forgive me.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Mink said...

oh Maia, I don't know whos days are harder, if it helps i doinked Nicos head the other day while he was in the Bjorn, and there has been times , plenty where I had to leave him screaming because Gigi has a poopy diaper, or just wants me all to herself, I try to make it up to him while shes apping or once i put her to bed at night.

heres a scenario you have coming soon, i have done this already many times. Me sitting on the potty chair, closed of course breastfeeding Nico while Gigi is in the bath. Then theres the inevitable potty training scenarios, so far we have had one, Gigi was so close to pooping in the potty but Nico woke up from his nap screaming and it wrecked the whole thing, but she has peed in it 4 times so far, i can't imagine getting to underwear, but hopefully by age 3.

i miss you

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Prasti said...

Hard to imagine you and Jeff at a MALL!!! Take a picture next time :). Malls are scary, but we go too-especially more so now that we're in the midwest. We need to move back before all we ever end up doing for entertainment and exercise is to go to the mall (did you know they have mall walkers??). Maybe you have to go once you have kids...it's convenient...it's inevitable. I went to the mall with Emma in the middle of the afternoon, and it was packed with moms and their babies in strollers just hanging out...at the mall...gave me a weird feeling inside...what if I became that mom someday??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home