Everything has a trade-off


Sophia has been the super-breakfast girl lately, at the price of not so good-dinner skills. She ate a lot of yogurt this morning, all without my help, and then had toast too, though she wanted to eat the jar of apricot preserves without the toast. Dinner on the other had - well she's lost the love of most vegetables and hasn't quite learned to just eat what we are eating.
The other photo is after lunch and before nap. Price to be paid for this wonderful smiling child? 15 minutes of screaming in the crib before she falls asleep. Why does this continue to surprise me?????? My child has never wanted to take a nap - and she never will.
The whole trade-off concept really struck home as I read Lucy's last entry about Nico going to bed. Lucy - I feel your pain. Lucky for me I have Jeff to be the rock-solid comfort when Sophia cries at bedtime. Usually she is good about going to bed but lately she has cried, and I wonder if it isn't because both Jeff and I are in her room for the 30 minute books before bed countdown? I think she just hates to have the party end, even if she IS tired. hmmmm... Anyway, I hate to think of bedtime once she's in the big-girl bed. Our magic 8 o'clock R&R will be gone as we repeatedly return her to the bed and tell her it is bedtime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home