August almost autumn



Yesterday was a big outdoor day, I think in part because I was trying to overcome the Monday-no-Jeff blues. We went to the Magnuson playground and dog park in the morning, and then after her nap we went to the Magnuson wading pool (after fruitlessly trying to go the the Dahl field wading pool - DRY!)
I love how this photo makes it look like I keep her indoors all day.
I did keep her out of the yard because our neighbor's cats have been leaving dead rats in our backyard - which the crows have been dismembering - yuck! (another one this morning too). There's a strange feeling in the air today - it's cool and grey and QUIET out there. The arrival of Autumn seems palpable, yet everyone seems gone already. We found out our neighbors across the street are selling their house, but there's no sign or anything so it feels like a strange secret. And although I MISS the green lawn, I don't think I am quite ready for rain yet. We're going to push hard to get the shed done soon - and we have a few trips coming up - the Olympic Peninsula for Jeff's birthday and then Florida to visit his mom. I think that will be Sophia's last airplane trip as a lap passenger.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home