and then back home
And so we are home and nothing is fun or exciting, especially now that it is Monday and Jeff is back at work. Sophia literally pushed me away from her (several times) this morning when I went to get her out of her crib (at HER appointed wakeup time, not mine (5:45am)), which didn't start the day off too well.
She's now wailing away in denial of nap #2. Now I admit that nap #1 was a rather long first nap, but it in no way constituted the equivalent of her usual 2 naps, or one long one, and hence she's in the crib again. This is the worst part of my day (typical): listening to her rage and wondering if I am doing this ALL WRONG. Feeling like I am doing this ALL WRONG - and being utterly alone. And wishing I myself could take a nap, or at least GET SOMETHING MEANINGFUL DONE! This is a dream, a long lost memory - a hope I have for my future, twenty years from now.
Putting clean clothes away has become my nemesis.
Hint to all you non-parents out there with friends with small kids: surprising someone with a treat (e.g. chocolate cake, yummy juice drink) can save a life, or two. Plus it reminds us that we actually have friends.

1 Comments:
hang in there...i know how you feel. just think about when she's old enough to actually help (or do) with laundry and other stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home