Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Sleeplessness

Stella has croup. Our first.
She woke up at midnight and we sat in the hot steamy bathroom together for awhile.
I got out the tiny fleece throws and brought my pillows into their room to sleep on the floor.
Later, she sounded bad again, so I went to the basement and grabbed the humidifier sitting on the workbench.
I filled it up in the kitchen and tried to walk quickly to the bedroom, found a tiny space amidst the jumble of blankets and books (they must think they have a librarian to reshelve!) while I then struggled to reach the power strip tucked up into their toy shelf. I managed to not only drop Sophia's keyboard but also turn it on (happy little electronic ditty) before I realized there was a HUGE puddle all over the floor. We had had problems with our first humidifier emptying the whole reservoir all over the floor so I quickly pulled off the reservoir and held it upside down only to discover that the damn thing had a hole in the top of the reservoir too!
Now I was running for towels.
My teeny fleece throws were half wet.
FUN NIGHT.
(Stella didn't wake again, though Sophia did and kept complaining of bad dreams)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home