how many times do you flap around the room?
This whole imagination bedtime ritual is taking its toll... I zoomed Stella around a 5 foot square space about twenty times tonight (Stella being a mommy owl) while Sophia was being a Mom on the rug - weeding and mowing the lawn (I suggested that she also might wash the dishes, make the dinner, grocery shop, schlep, drive kids around, get the mail, take out the compost and the recycling and do the laundry and clean up the cat puke). And after Sophia is tucked into bed she decides it's time to pee and then I am dancing around trying to distract Stella from the idea of peeing with Sophia (only because she does nothing of the sort - I;m all for positive reinforcement but when it's just because big sister does it, sorry, kid, you are staying in bed) and all I can think is PLEASE! IT'S BEDTIME! GO TO SLEEEEEEP!
I didn't work today because of Jeff's schedule and so I was mom all day, and I have about half a voice from being sick, and I worked at preschool in the morning so I was also tired out from that and when they just wouldn't listen to me (Sophia) I lost it and made them get into their beds at 2pm, which lasted about 10 minutes.
Sophia has no idea about taunting, which is what she is doing to Stella every minute they are together since Sophia has all kinds of new birthday gifts. I am starting to believe that the perfect gift for any older sibling is something that requires another child's participation - i.e. game. THANK YOU GRAMPA JOE! The Honey Bee Hop is the perfect energy-expending doing-it-with-another-is-more-fun kind of thing. (hopefully I will be able to post of video of this soon)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home