Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

a post for yesterday with cell phone pix






Man what a great day we had today! This was the kind of day when 99% of things went right, there was no screaming, no freaking out, no tantrums, not too much hitting or pushing. Stella is still waking up too early, but she's so happy to be awake that it's virtually impossible to be upset that she is awake at 5am (3am is a different story). AND she actually slept from 12 all the way to 5! (Sophia tried to tell me it was time to get up at 4:45 because she heard Jeff in the bathroom. Luckily she went back to sleep). While Stella took her morning nap Sophia and I made pumpkin muffins. Sophia put all the muffin cups in the pan and she helped me hold the mixer and she put all the struesel topping on the muffin batter. It was fun. After Stella's nap we went to the library and got new books. While I know that Sophia wants to hang out there and look at the books there I work very hard to get her to pick some and get outta there. With Stella being there it is impossible to settle in and read anything - I am constantly chasing the little drooler down. Today there was a toddler who was virtually stalking Stella (it's interesting how some kids are fascinated by babies while others just don't care) which was frustrating because she has a cold and I don't want to spread it, and I just wanted to be able to focus on books and my kids without worrying about another toddler trying to pick Stella up (!). And although Stella was sad to see me go off to work today, Sophia actually didn't seem to give a hoot, which is a refreshing change from screaming "No work! No work! No work!" for the hour before I go.

Have I mentioned how much Sophia sings these days? Sometimes it is made up songs and sometimes it is the hokey pokey row row abcs. I LOVE it.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger D said...

That top photo is the collestest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home