
well what a series of days we have had...
yesterday afternoon was just AWFUL. bad bad bad bad bad, and yet this photo is from yesterday, so obviously Sophia suffered no lasting emotional scars.
and today was pretty much the opposite of yesterday. I still had a rough late afternoon - simply because that is always the time of the day when the Braxton-Hicks contractions really get going, and the baby kicks and kicks and kicks, and then I have to run around and try to get dinner made, not too early and not too late, all while trying to keep Sophia entertained (read: keep her out of the kitchen). Tonight's dinner for her ended up being pathetic and very snack-y, but I didn't feel too bad because most of it was Bosc pear.
She's making leaps in the language area - lots of additional signs and better repetition of words and I can tell that she is trying to say things but that I just don't understand her. And her gestures indicate that she really really gets it. Like today at lunch she started gesturing at the (small! amount) of stuff on the table and I started telling her that no, she couldn't have this or that for these specific reasons and she started gesturing at me, at my chest and I realized that she was saying "Hey isn't that your heartburn medicine (zantac)?". She watches me take it, she knows it's for mommy's owie (point to painful esophagus burning area) - she was just confirming (and it turns out, reminding me to take it). Maybe that's not so smart, I am just impressed at what she bothers to remember sometimes.
oh yeah - and she has a sign for guitar and uses it all the time when she sees or hears guitar. She loves watching Jeff play.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home