Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Friday, December 15, 2006


Oh man what a day. Our power went out at about 11pm last night, and I feel like Sophia is neither old enough nor young enough to find it adventurous or just not notice. By 9am I was a little stir crazy and decided to go to a mall up north. Why I thought that they might have power is kind of beyond me, but the gods were on my side. So we hung out at the mall for several hours and then went on a futile search for a particular board game. Sophia was sleepy and cranky and I think my brain just took a hiatus because I couldn't think very practically about what I needed to get done. I forgot to get more Zantac for my heartburn and I completely forgot about my own food needs in lieu of Sophia's. I came home and just kind of fell apart. Danielle to the rescue - her power hadn't gone out so she invited us over and entertained us AND bought Zantac for me so I wouldn't have to run anymore errands.
Lucky for us - the power came back on about 4:30 (our wonderful neighbors actually called me to tell me to come home!) and Jeff came home too. FedEx is beyond crazy this time of year, and add in power outages and downed trees, closed roads, flooded roads etc. and you've got quite the shitty day on your hands. He's in bed trying to rest for his sixth day in a row. I just can't believe he's getting up at 3:45am again tomorrow.
Do they award black belts in utero? I am sure that the baby could qualify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home