Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Monday, August 03, 2009

more to tell?

hmmm.. what more can I say about our weekend...

A family in our preschool (dad is a mountaineer) extended the invitation to all of the preschool families - there were four of us there (four families). I think the Mountaineers were not used to so many small children. There were several older, slightly grumpy men volunteering for the weekend that were not terribly happy about all of the kids, but I think we proved that little kids don't have to be bad or overly rambunctious. In general everything was fun, but the hikes were not the best, and the were LED by Mountaineers so we couldn't go without them - or take all the breaks we would normally have taken, consequently I carried Stella on my shoulders A LOT. I was a bit surprised by the heat (thought even the days would be cooler than the city) and I forgot about mountain bugs, but it was ok. I think I stressed out at bedtime more than was necessary (trying to get the girls to go to sleep amidst other kids coming up to bed a different times etc), but all in all it was a great time.
One of the grumpy guys, I think we won him over by helping out in the kitchen quite a bit and by the girls being also helpful and not crazy on Sunday morning, was talking to Jeff quite a bit about downhill skiing (which is what Meany Lodge is primarily used for) and it put that in my head - Sophia is probably ready to start learning! I, of course due to my knees, have NO IDEA where to begin. Maybe cross country skiing is a place to start? Sophia is not the daredevil type so I wonder how she would feel about downhill skiing.
Anyway, the hikes make me look forward to our next FAMILY hike, when we can go early in the morning before the heat takes hold, and we can go at our own pace and take plenty of energy snack breaks (trail mix).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home