summer veg
Our small but overflowing garden is starting to produce, which is great! but with our varying schedule combined with some days that are too hot for using the oven, combined with an over-full freezer, combined with my weekly produce from the CSA work trade and I am left with only one conclusion: we need a second freezer.
And I think I need to make better plans for staggered planting, planting more variety, and planting things that WILL freeze well (can we create our own frozen broccoli florets or will they be just awful?). We have a gallon of raspberries for winter months (hurray!), but how much zucchini can we eat? I think I should remove the second, slower growing plant...
I think i will pull out the beets soon and freeze those and maybe try for some fall carrots.
I think that next year we will make a better plan (when we have enough dirt for the whole raised bed) and plant fewer seeds of more variety and stagger plantings so all the veg of a certain kind is not ready at the same time.
And we need a second freezer.
And I need to learn how to get by on less sleep - too much to do!

1 Comments:
yum! all those veggies sound delicious! nothing "beets" (hee, hee) eating vegetables right out of your own garden.
Post a Comment
<< Home