Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

struggling with juggling

the juggling act of mom and me

This should be a long, well though out post, but I fear it will be quick and dirty.
I had a rough morning today; we had a long and exhausting day yesterday with our yard sale and then last night the kids had me up something like 7 times, enough times that I actually woke up Jeff and made him go in once. And my cat is not well but we are broke (and I fear the vet will just order tests that cost $600 and are inconclusive and he'll say well, she IS 18) and I just never ever ever really get any me time - like when do I have time to get a haircut? (well who can afford a haircut?)
Sometimes I feel like the kids are just unreasonable demanding ankle biters. At 5:30 this morning Sophia was yelling (from a bad dream) and when i went in I was shushing her and she got louder and louder because she felt I wasn't listening to her (I reminded her that she could whisper and I would hear her) and finally she said, "Mom, I really wanted the ice cream" at 5:30am she tells me this. I simply said we don't eat ice cream in bed during sleepy time. But it feels telltale of the 4-year old perspective - I WANT I WANT I WANT. And nothing ever seems good enough. Sigh.
I mean, i KNOW that they are wonderful kids, but they are exhausting! I'm trying to do some work from home and though they can be patient for about an hour it usually means they want more of me later when I am trying to get my other mom things done like cooking and cleaning. Does anyone else feel like you go to the grocery store every other day??

Anyway, at the moment they are with my most amazing neighbor which means that I can stretch my back without being jumped on - gotta go!

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Kiri said...

Kids ARE demanding ankle-biters - it's not just your feeling, it's true! Of course it's also true that they are just young humans, they are in phases of development, they can learn, etc. etc, but you should NOT feel bad for feeling frustrated! Sometimes you need support. More support. And you should try to get it from people (like Jeff, like me).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home