Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA!!!

ok - so we are celebrating tomorrow since no one works on Sundays, but wow oh wow she is TWO today!
Two years old little girl - and lovin' it! She screams and stamps her feet like a professional, does puzzles in seconds flat, has joined into imaginative play way before her time (2nd kid), and sings "Happy birthday" to herself. She is in the separation-anger stage of life: "Doh-own go work, Mommio! Doh-own go work!!!" "Gimme that book!" "Outta my way!!" (and she screamed in frustration the whole 20-minute ride home from leaving Sophia at preschool because she wanted to stay too) and then soooo sweet "Lub you too" giving the sweetest tightest little monkey hugs. Apparently she's teeny because she still wears 12-18 mo pants, but she plays with Playmobile likes she is three. Our world is really changing because the girls play together and don't need us so much anymore - which means maybe, just maybe I will be able to get back to doing small things for me again - I tell you my sewing-project stack alone is gigantic and our house cries out for more attention and love. I am hoping we can all garden together this year too - cherry tomatoes and beets and pumpkins are the goal.
I can't wait for spring flowers and sunny days, for watching the girls slide into the swimming pool and riding tricycles on the deck. What a year we have ahead of us!
I love you Stella,
Mommio (her new name for me)

2 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Prasti said...

happy birthday stella!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kiri said...

Holy cats! What a girl she is! I SO wish I had my powers of teleportation so I could be out there for birthdays and things. I am so glad that your girls have each other - there's nothing like a sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home