working on baking a cake for Jeff's birthday. at first it was fun and funny, and then I was overwhelmed by the attempt to actually make food with BOTH kids (up until lately Stella wasn't a part of this process) and keep them on track and doing the right thing and staying safe. Somehow it all worked out - the cake is in the oven now- but I ended up doing some random alone-time roaring to keep my sanity.
We actually went out this morning to get the ingredients needed for above cake and to do last minute (late actually) shopping for Jeff's birthday present. Not only is he hard to buy for because he likes obtuse things, but it is SOOOOOOO hard to shop with the kids!! I was at my wits end when we left, and they were being pretty darn good!
I actually made a cake yesterday (Jeff's actual birthday) in between preschool, lunch and having to go to work at 12:45 (I was a little late), but the darn thing was REALLY flat. ANd I didn't have time to frost it before going to work and then it turned out that Jeff left work before I did and so... well the whole night was sad. I had to do work from home too after the kids were in bed.
It's been a VERY busy week.

1 Comments:
happy belated bday to jeff! he is hard to buy for. you should get him to wear his superhero outfit aaron got him (if he still has it) when he eats the cake.
Post a Comment
<< Home