Olympic Sculpture Park
Jeff had Friday off (miracle of miracles!) and it was a beautiful day so we went down to the Olympic Sculpture Park at the north end of Seattle's downtown waterfront. I used to bike-commute through that area (something I miss doing!) long before the park was built; it was wonderful to be down there and to see how well-designed the sculpture park is. They created it across a large section of train tracks and road, with views of downtown, the space needle, the ocean and mountains beyond. While it is not big (I had visions of the Walker Sculpture Garden or Storm King in my head - silly me) it is well done and enjoyable, and clearly created to invite both destination seekers and the everyday lunch-break worker.

1 Comments:
ohhhh Storm King, I love Storm King, I should go there with the kids next time I visit my mom. we have a sculpture park here, Its pretty cool, still like Storm King better.
Post a Comment
<< Home