Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

zoo and better bedtimes



















(sorry not the best pictures)
we had a fabulous zoo afternoon with the whole family and Stuart and Blix. Yea for zoo! We got to see the ocelot feeding (catching live fish in her stream) and sophia fed the budgies and we saw the new flamingoes too.































And an update on the bedtime front - things are back to normal - no screaming and wailing, just some protests and then lots of noodly-oodly garbledy gook talk before passing out... this is Stella I am talking about, not me.

What else is happening...

time warp - I can't believe June is half over, and summer hasn't even started yet, and on the other hand I have already had to think ahead to fall for scheduling reasons so I am very confused about when we are. I'm excited for the warmer weather if only to have some sunshine for awhile. Our raspberries are very happy this year and it looks like there will be a huge harvest. It's my one little garden project - keeping them happy and healthy and accessible - weeding and composting and such. We have such a wild backyard really. The middle may be all grass but the edges, especially on that side, are full of mystery plants and are easily subsumed by the wild. We need to do some regular heavy duty work and planning to figure out what we are doing... must trim hedges! I am hoping for a small vegetable garden next year.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Prasti said...

i love your backyard! you should bust out the lawn darts (he-he). happy father's day to jeff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home