Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

horror of horrors



So yesterday I had an extreme bad mother incident.

At the playground, trying to negotiate between keeping Stella safe and helping Sophia in her ever expanding climbing, I plopped Stella down on the curb at the edge of the woodchips, snack in hand, while I helped Sophia do some new monkey bars climbing. I was turning around and checking on Stella, who was not more than 7 feet away, and after Sophia was down on the ground I turned around to see Stella playing with some strange object. As I approached I realized it was a CONDOM.

Luckily I had sanitizing hand wipes in the backpack, but I had NO IDEA if she had put it in her mouth. I asked her even. Long story short things should be fine - doctors are not worried but are making sure her immunizations are up to date and of course we can always do all kinds of testing for any potential yuck.

This is not our usual playground, but it is within walking distance and we were there because I am trying to use the stroller instead of the car. Our favorite playgrounds are not within walking distance.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Kiri said...

It's not a "bad mother" incident - it's a "bad world" incident. But... augh, the things we can't control, the things that will happen despite our best intentions. That was most definitely NOT YOUR FAULT. It's a little early to be realizing that you can't protect your kids from everything, but obviously that's a lesson you'll get over and over again.
It's the kind of thing that makes Ross say, "Everybody sucks but me." Usually it's the behavior of other drivers that make him say that. Your incident makes me want to say, "Everybody sucks and should be punished for their transgressions!" But by whom?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger jeff said...

i volunteer! i can do it! i'd love to do it!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Prasti said...

ugh! what's wrong with people? i second kiri's comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home