we are not sick

Sorry for the lapse. If it wasn't already noted - the kids ARE ALL BETTER. I think their illness did me in, mentally, so I had a tough week. I've been very frustrated and torn about choosing a preschool for Sophia next year - do we stay in the one we are at now or switch to one that might be a little bit closer? Both preschools have to move from their current locations and we don't really know where either one will be next year, though I think the one we are in (Ingraham) will be just a few blocks north of where it is now (10 minute drive from our house). The current location for the other school is IDEAL and was one of the main reasons I wanted to switch. There's no real reason for us to leave Ingraham, but there may be good reasons to be at the other one, it's just that I don't know... Maia has a breakdown.
This is a photo from preschool.
And Sophia is basically a three year old - very smart about things and also full of frustration, neediness and meltdowns.
Today was our first Sunday not going to my parents' house to work on the bathroom, since about mid-January. We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. Jeff thought about mowing the lawn but the weather turned rainy (on top of being cold and gray) (and then it hailed) and so we went to our second closest library for a change of pace. Car conversation:
Jeff (as we pass the Fiddler's Inn, a teeny cute beer bar) - Oh a bar, that's the perfect place to be on a day like today.
Maia - snorts of laughter
pause
Jeff - Well the library is good too.
pause
Jeff - The library with beer would be better.
(the kids had fun, especially Stella, and we got TONS of books)
Some favorites from our recent library forays include:
Ten Minutes till Bedtime
Theo and the Blue Note
Julius the Baby of the World

2 Comments:
we are all for the library with beer idea. genius!
Maybe it's gonna have to be brew pub function first, library second... easier to add the books to the pub than vice versa. But still, brilliant!
Post a Comment
<< Home