Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

oh what a morning

It was such a Monday this morning. Nothing bad with Sophia, but there was a terrible cat poop incident which involved me not only scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees but also scrubbing the cat. Needless to say Sophia and I got out of the house soon after and had bagels and yummy drinks to forget about the horror. Lesson learned - have children before your pets become elderly.

THIS SECTION FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO READ LABOR STUFF
I don't want to hear about people being squeamish about what I've written
I realized that I've never really written about our January 10 countdown in blatant specifics... c-section. (Lisa - I guess this is to explain that I know I have an end sooner than 20 days) I've been labelled as "failure to progress" from Sophia's birth and they've given me not such good odds for #2 so we have a scheduled c-section planned. That said - I woke up at 5:30 feeling like I was having a "real" contraction this morning and I was very excited. Unfortunately it must have been another Braxton-Hicks contraction because nothing else really happened. My bag is packed. I would bravely face my own real labor if it felt like coming. Sophia's labor was all pitocin, no contractions of "my own". I am convinced that my water broke prematurely due to a vigorous "hand up" assistance from a quick exam. The question I have always wondered is - did the Pitocin make the contractions so evil so fast that I broke down so quickly and asked for the epidural, or am I just a wimp?? I think I would like to find out, even though I admit that I'd rather have a second c-section than face being both "cut" and (potentially) torn.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my - 9 days! I have lost the ability to fully digest things I read (aside from board books about monkeys looking for love) so that's why I added another 11 day sentence onto your pregnancy. Sorry! Good Luck and stay strong.
-Lisa

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mink said...

On my blog its Bryan Alft, (You know about Andy, hm.)

Okay 8 days right and yes go for the 2nd c-section, might as well keep things intact in one place and just deal with the after suckiness of c-section recovery. But it is better the 2nd time around.

I love how cat pooping is an incident, And I have enjoyed many coffee/muffin times with G when I finally get out of the house on bad mornings, She loves it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home