tonight's dinner
So tonight was another night of Maia's poorly times courses: roasted beets, leftover mashed potatoes, chicken breast, empanadas, and cherry tomatoes. Stella squeezed her tomatoes (course 1) and cried when they splattered all over her face. The beets were supposed to be next, but they were not quite done so mashed potatoes were next (Sophia's latest favorite food, I was afraid she wouldn't eat anything after that)[note we have no microwave so heating up leftover mashed potatoes involved a wonky double boiler concept]; next came the chicken (which Stella studiously ignored while Sophia surprised me by eating it without any prodding); finally the beets and after Stella requested empanadas I threw those in the oven and they finished the meal with them. Sophia usually loves beets but I had to bug her to eat them, and Stella gobbled them down, choosing to ignore the fork I kept reminding her that she had in favor of her hands all the while singing 'beet hands, beet hands' which prompted the photo session; Stella did eat her empanada but Sophia didn't, despite telling me that she wanted one, and the last half of Sophia's dinner was put into her mouth by ME. Yes, at almost 4 she would choose not to eat most of her dinner but WILL eat if I fork it into her mouth for her. She's so skinny so I let her get away with this awful behavior.
This post is dedicated to all mothers out there.

3 Comments:
beets...i never liked them until this year. i like the red fingers :)
Love it. "Beet hands, beet hands." I'll have to try that. Can I get your empanada recipe sometime?
for left over mashed potatoes just mash them down on the frying pan to turn them into potato pancakes, they actually taste good, well Nico eats them.
Post a Comment
<< Home