foods as of late
last Friday I was too broke to run to the grocery store and get the ingredients that I was inspired to work with so I searched around the fridge and pantry and created this soup - squash, barley & sausage - and popovers. I told the girls that they had to at least TRY the soup before getting the popovers. Sophia did her classic tiny taste followed by HUGE grin and "Yum!" which does NOT mean that she actually liked it. I let her eat many many popovers.
For Valentine's Day I wanted to surprise the girls with jam cookies with heart cutouts but didn't have the energy on Friday night so Jeff surprised me on Saturday when I got home from work - he and the girls had made these very gourmet chocolate cupcakes with fabulous pink frosting. Sprinkles makes it better.

1 Comments:
the soup looks yummy. i remember making popovers in 3rd grade and they turned out horrible. i've never tried it again since. yours looks much better :). and those cupcakes look yummy! does he want to make some for us?
Post a Comment
<< Home