so this morning sophia woke up from a dream at 4:30 and then tried to get up for the morning at 5, and again at 5:30 - which is when I gave up on sleeping any more myself so I let her get up too. Stella meanwhile slept until 7:15 when I went in to get her up because we had to get moving or we wouldn't get out of the house in time. A complete switch from the way mornings were going last week with Stella getting up at the crack of way before dawn and Sophia sleeping until 7.
So we were ready to go EARLY so we ran to the grocery store on the way to preschool. I left Sophia happily scooping rice and (dried) beans at preschool and took Stella to the office store to make copies of a long article about lying to "make-up" for my absence at the last parent-meeting which I missed due to work. This article will probably take me several years to get read.
Then optimistic-me I took Stella to the Moms & Tots yoga class at a studio that I like. It was a big class and she was definitely one of the most young and small kids, but it was good to stretch and move. Jeff had given me a gift certificate for this place when Stella was a few months old and it has taken me this long to get there. [THANKS JEFF] It was good for Stella to be among lots of kids because she doesn't have any regular interaction with kids. But it left me tired..
and when i went to pick up Sophia from preschool we were early so I fed Stella and straightened up the car before we went inside. I needed to distribute the photo copied article so I put Stella on the floor. Meanwhile Sophia was the last kid inside still eating snack while almost everyone was outside. The mom who had been sitting with her assumed that I would take care of her then, but I wasn't working and I needed to do things and I got frustrated because of that... then all the kids came running back in and some were horsing around in off-limits areas and I was stuck trying to get them down WHOLE HOLDING STELLA with tired tired arms and I was just getting more and more frustrated because it was not my day to work.. and on the way out I had too much to carry and all the kids were milling by the door and I couldn't get out and I felt like a three year old, but one with too many responsibilities.
moan groan bellyache... i know, it's stupid to complain. thanks for listening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home