Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

chance moment

ok - here's spontaneous post because BOTH KIDS ARE NAPPING and my brain is kind of almost working and I can think of more than two things to write about... AND THE COMPUTER KEYBOARD IS ACTUALLY WORKING (we have a wireless one - when the batteries start to go, about 2/3 of the letters disappear, and then I have to hunt for batteries and charge them up, and when you have two small kids this is like saying that you have to go sharpen a stick and hunt down a squirrel for your stew so you don't put the kids to bed hungry, so I usually just walk away from the computer shaking my head, which is like putting a frozen pizza in the oven)

Well, kind of my brain is working (you like that grammatical structure???). I am writing about the latest post on Dooce.com, about her kid's strange desire to sleep with random objects, and while I have no personal connection to the topic at hand, I feel such a strong connection to her STORY of it. I wish wish wish I could write about our lives like that. Every time I think I will remove Dooce from my links she writes something so subtle and profound about mom-hood and kid-ness and it makes me melt.

So while I cannot ever find the time to write about our lives like that when my brain is able to puts those kinds of sentences together, I want to say that she expresses how I feel, or how I wish I wrote. It's the Anne Lamott truthfully confessionally funny writing. And how pathetic is it that my blog post is all about how I wish I could write like that?

Anyway - we went to my mom's for lunch and Stella climbed up the two short, carpeted steps. Look out. I am sure that one day soon I will say to Jeff some Sunday morning, "Where's the baby?" and he will say, "Oh, she's in the kitchen playing in the dishwasher" or something equally scary. (NOT THAT JEFF ALLOWS THEM TO DO SCARY THINGS! It's just that clearly Stella is going to be the daredevil second kid following in the footsteps of the older sibling NOT THAT WE ALLOW SOPHIA TO PLAY IN THE DISHWASHER!)

and ending with more shout-outs:
Terri and Darren - I never posted my congratulations on the new cute little patootie girl you have in your lives

Glenn and Liz - so soon! HURRAH! We will have two new LeDoux cousins sometime in September!!

Michelle and Ben - and at Christmas we'll have another cousin!!! Yea!!

Dave, Lisa and Gibson - hurrah for #2!!! Congratulations!

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mink said...

thanks Maia for the shout out, I sold 3 paintings and the one on the postcard called Maia after you was one of them. It was a great night, Dave Schneider showed up from MN, a surprise and well the kids were at my moms, and I was Lucy/painter again, we even stayed out late afterwards. I'm having some weird moods now, I want more of this and I keep thinking about my next career move, I guess I better keep painting every night that I can and not get cable.

I love and miss you

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mink said...

Okay and also, I love your writing and I often think you say exactly what I wish I could have the brain power to say

on the mom friend thing I here you, I have already left some mom things here earlier than otheres because Nicos nap is to important and he needs it, I love the way he is when he wakes up from it, when it doesn't get wrecked by poop of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home