Sleep, of course
It is THE issue again. Of course.
Stella has gone from waking 1-2 times per night to 3-5 times per night and it's just not okay.
I have been struggling with a decision - action or no action (aka deal with it, maia) and then if ACTION - which? Work on sleep-training at bedtime? At first waking?
We put the play pen back up in the living room so that when she is just soooo loud (she seems to be getting louder - somebody snuck in and turned her up to 11 I think) and we don't want to disturb Sophia I can put her in the living room. Last night she went to bed at 8:30, was up at 10:20 (!!!!) and again at 12:20, but I didn't feed her then because I KNEW she wasn't hungry. She did go to sleep but was up again at 3:30 and I nursed her on both sides and she still didn't want to go back to sleep so I had to put her back down in the living room, which is open to the kitchen where Jeff makes his coffee at 4:45am. Now I am very unhappy about this situation because anyone who has to get up at 4am to go to work deserves to have a LARGE hot cup of coffee in the morning, and because Stella is having these sleep issues, Jeff left the house empty handed. Ugh. Stella slept until almost 5:45.
She has the ability to fall asleep without nursing, but she isn't very quiet about it.

1 Comments:
oh Stel, stop doing that to your mom.
Post a Comment
<< Home