Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Monday, June 11, 2007


I feel like I should write a more comprehensive update- lately my posts are short on words and I think I forget to write key things.

So Stella now regularly takes 3 hour naps in the crib once a day, with short other naps (usually nursing cat naps) too. The nap now rules our schedule. We used to get out of the house to do ACTIVE things early in the day (under the supposition that ACTIVE things would tire out Sophia so she would take a nap). Sophia stopped regularly taking a nap awhile ago and I have now stopped trying to elicite them, especially because sharing a room while napping doesn't seem possible yet.

The girls are now sleeping in the same room. It's been 3 nights now. The first night was horrible for me because I was GLUED to the monitor. I was so afraid that they would wake each other up. I have realized that this is highly unlikely. It's funny - I don't think we even need to use the monitor at night - I can hear everything so easily without.

On Sunday Sophia and I went to the playground BY OURSELVES while Stella napped (and Jeff was home doing projects). Sophia is getting better and better at climbing, and braver at going down the big tunnel slides by herself. We had fun. She loves the swings SOOOOOOO much. (note to Lucy - the swingset we will put up is a hand-me-down from our former neighbors)

Stella is trying to talk and trying to crawl. I'm not sure about her success rate, but she's giving it her all. She says "da da da da" and when she's on her tummy she tries to get her butt up in the air and her knees under her. It will be a long time before that happens.

So I have an interview for one job this afternoon and I am playing phone tag with the School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts about an interview with them. It's nice to know that my resume is getting me interviews. Hopefully I'll get offers from everyone and get to pick my dream job! Well - one can dream, right? It will be interesting to see how all this works. I pumped breast milk again so Jeff could try giving Stella a bottle again - she was stiff as a board and screaming, so I guess bottles are not popular. But Stella is eating cereals so at least we can use breast milk to make the cereal while I am gone.

alright... time to make some lunch...

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Prasti said...

have you tried beer bottles for stella? that's the only kind of bottle emma would ever drink out of (ha, ha, ha).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home