Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Friday, March 16, 2007

medal of bravery

Thank you, I will accept it with honor. Yes, today I went with both kids to the crazy carnival-like Magnuson playspace. I put Stella in the baby bjorn and we managed somehow. Though it was tough - so loud and echo-y (old school gymnasium) and Sophia couldn't hear me well AND wasn't responding well. She fell a few times and it was SO hard to help her back up (since my entire front was covered with Stella) and at one point I had to nurse Stella and I just watched with dread as Sophia wandered around the space on her own (she did great). There was one major fall (bump on forehead) and leaving was resisted (I had to carry Sophia out of there, yes, while wearing Stella on me). I only hope it was worth the frustration and pain on my part.

On another note - I am trying nap in the BED today. She is tired, and though she isn't asleep yet, she hasn't left the bed yet... I can only hope and pray that she falls asleep.

Gotta go - Stella calls.

I think the medal of bravery is going to be made of chocolate.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Mink said...

Oh Maia, I can't even tell you how many times I have had to still carry a resisting screaming Gigi with Nico in the bjorn either from the car all the way up the stairs or from the stroller all the way up the stairs, its F------ bruttle and as you know I have short arms and Nico is 17 lbs and hard enough to carry solo. I only use the bjorn to get him in and out of the house. I'm telling you this so that you know don't feel bad about crabbing that girly up when you need to, they don't get it and you know whats best for them. For example it would not be a good idea for me to just leave G in the car alone parked 3 blocks away even if she thinks thats what she wants.I'd like to say to her 'Duh, G they would take you away from me" but that concept is not there. we are getting closer to her understanding a little bit and last week She went in no problem after screaming in the stroller for 5 minutes. I just need her to walk up the stairs herself.

This job is hard and no one gets that until there in it. You should eat some chocolate for sure, i have medals in the form of popcorn all the time. There was a day last week that I ran into a friend who has no kids and she caught me in the middle of negotiating with G to get her out of the stroller and into the house, I complained to her for a few minutes about the constant battle and she instead just oggled them and talked about how cute they are, she made me feel like how dare I complain, and later I thought she has no idea, its no her fault, shes getting full nights of sleep, she doesnt sit in front of a high chair and change many poopie diapers, she also has not experienced Rota virus. Of course we love these guys and I know you and I both are glad we had our babies very much and we wouldn't trade them for anything. But theres a part of Lucy and Maia thats not existing (Must Make Art or I will shrivel up possibly you know)it does suck I want to smell oil paint so badly and use it of course. I want some quality art
time again.

I know you and I will have it again.

so okay yes look forward to Stella being 4 months but it might not be easier it might just be different and thats a good thing because you'll feel progress. My new time I'm looking forward to is G starting school. I can't believe I'm saying that, but I think by September I'll be so ready.

Maia call me anytime you want, I love hearing from you and if we lived near each other i swear I would watch all 4 kids so that you could either sleep or make art because I know you would do the same for me it probably would be a great thing for both of us. Stop dreaming Lucy. well I hope both of us someday meet a artist/ momfriend that gets it, and lives near by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home