Sophia & Stella Productions

For friends and family afar, a little blog about the kids and us.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Let's see if my brain can get kick started this early in the morning.... and I've been up since 4am...

Last night Sophia did a header off the couch. I was sitting there nursing and I saw it coming and I could do nothing to stop it. It happened in slow motion and the thud when she hit was so horrible to hear! Luckily Jeff was home and was also right there. All I could think of was "Do we need to keep her immobilized? Is her neck ok???" Of course she was fine. She even re-enacted the incident in pantomime and a few words. Will this stop her from goofing around on the pillows on the couch????

On Tuesday we had a playdate at a friend's house and Stella was crying almost the whole way home (before she conked out) and upon arrival home Sophia tells me, "Poo" so we go to change her diaper and it's one of those evil too-much-fruit poos and requires bathing to really clean up. SO with Stella still in the car seat I whip off Sophia's clothes and start running a short bath and Sophia is kind of freaking and I step into the bath with her with my pants still on and then Stella wakes up and starts screaming and Sophia is upset and I get upset and I broke my vow of not screaming to scream: "Stop crying!"

DUH.

Sophia's words are coming more and more. She sometimes 'reads' to us too. And I need to make sure that we capture on video how she says 'Stella'... it makes my heart glow.

Addendum to our typical day: often Jeff doesn't get home until 7 or 7:30, something that he's been trying not to do in these early Stella days, but it's inevitable that he will have to stay that late again soon... tonight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home