the bigger sophia

Parenthood is such a mixed bag of amazing/stupendous/love and dull/crappy/frustration and it never ceases to amaze me. Today we went to playground #1 at 9:30am (late for us but it was cold and gray) and then we went to #2 at 11 to meet up with the PEPS group (which was a meeting in only the loosest sense of the word - I MISS the times of talking about the kids - now we wrangle the kids and barely get to talk). Sophia is sleeping right now - a late nap for her - hopefully it will be solid! And I think - ok what to I do with this time - what is most important to get done now that my attention is my own etc. - and the cat is RIGHT there - meowing and demanding and I can't help but think "Don't I EVER get a moment to myself?!?!?!?!?" (Did I mention cleaning the cat puke off of the rug this morning?)
I think THAT is what I mean by frustrating today - that when Sophia sleeps the cat demands my attention.
Sophia is having quite a good day actually.
And she's begun recognizing AND signalling when her diaper is dirty. SHOCK AND AWE!!! This is thrilling!! And she climbs play structures MUCH better now, so that I don't have to climb right behind her but can interact with her from below and "catch" her when she comes down the slide.
We went to the zoo yesterday and saw the jaguar being very active and talkative, and then the lion doing his roaring talk, and the siamangs doing their howling thing... a very good day.
And I think both Sophia and I are almost done with the cold - too bad now Grandma has it. I've been begging Jeff to not get it. One of the kids in the PEPS group actually ended up with pneumonia! This is an evil cold.
The photo is from Wednesday night - Sophia found a maternity top and tried to put it on so I changed her into it and she LOVED it - I think I will make it into a dress for her. (thanks Lucy!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home