a Friday-Sunday combo
So on Friday night I returned home after a very long day at work and quickly jumped right into the bedtime routine. After the girls were tucked into bed and things were cleaned up in the kitchen and out away and lights were down and all was at peace I noticed Tigger alone on the couch, carefully bandaged yet a little apprehensive. Sophia the expert knot-tier had struck again!
Tonight we were eating this fabulous dinner that Jeff had made - linguine with shrimp in a garlic-wine sauce with fresh tomatoes and grated parmesan and it happened... Sophia asked me if the shrimp had to die for her dinner. I'm telling you I have been waiting for that question for the last year. I think it is really interesting that it happened over shrimp instead of chicken. We read book after book about chickens and never once has she been concerned, but shrimp, man, that is taking it too far I guess. Of course the girls acted like the dinner was some kind of torture and consequently had very little to eat tonight. I should get some cereal bowls prepared right now so that when they are both up at the crack of dawn I will not have to think about anything I will just have peel back my eyelids enough to make sure that the milk makes it into the bowl.

2 Comments:
Ohmigod. Issues that never come up when you're raising a puppy! Ha ha. I have a memory of reading the Time/Life book about the Universe when I was a kid, and the illustration of the life cycle of the sun (eventual red giant which will consume the earth) made me really sad. Dad had to convince me that we would all be dead by then, anyway.
holy crap Gianna just asked me last night "how long is the earth hear for?" She starting to think about age and death....I'm not ready
Post a Comment
<< Home